Azure Session State Provider.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Sometimes Azure Session State Provider shows "PropertyValueIsTooLarge" error. And this comes from AzureSessionStateProvider class. Can anybody tell how to solve this issue?

Coordinator
Apr 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Could you show the entire exception and stack trace please.

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Here is the stack trace...
An error of error code: System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequestException has occured into MyAzureApp web role. An error occurred while processing this request.System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceClientException: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
PropertyValueTooLarge
<message xml:lang="en-US">The property value is larger than allowed by the Table Service.
RequestId:f8fc4638-adad-452b-bd5a-aa8e33b2594d
Time:2012-02-13T05:00:38.3133923Z</message>
</error>
at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.SaveResult.<HandleBatchResponse>d__1e.MoveNext() at AzureTableStorage.AzureTableStorageDataSource.Update(SessionStateEntity itemToUpdate, MergeOption mergeOption) in C:\MyApp\VSS\MyAzureApp\AzureTableStorage\AzureTableStorageDataSource.cs:line 565
at MyAzureApp WebRole.Blll.AzureSessionStateProvider.SetAndReleaseItemExclusive(HttpContext context, String id, SessionStateStoreData item, Object lockId, Boolean newItem) in C:\MyApp\VSS\MyAzureApp \ MyAzureAppWebRole\Session Class\AzureSessionStateProvider.cs:line 352
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnReleaseState(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously); TraceSource 'WebError' event

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM, ihenriksen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Could you show the entire exception and stack trace please.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (azureproviders@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email azureproviders@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Thanks & Regards
vinayak
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I think this is becuase you are trying to store more than 255 characters in the Azure table storage, in the development environment there is an maximum limit of 255 characters per entity field. This is becuase everything is stored in MS SQL Server in developement envrionment which has this limit. In staging/production this error should not occur, if it still does then let me know and I will have a look at it again.

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:01 AM
yes, got same issue on production but unfortunately I don't have that stack trace.
Earlier I was storing big object into session (containing user ID, First Name, Last Name and many more details) after that I tried putting only single integer value i.e. User ID, and got same issue on production.
Question : After adding value into session it encrypts and then stores into table storage which is a big encrypted value. Is this causing an error?

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM, ihenriksen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I think this is becuase you are trying to store more than 255 characters in the Azure table storage, in the development environment there is an maximum limit of 255 characters per entity field. This is becuase everything is stored in MS SQL Server in developement envrionment which has this limit. In staging/production this error should not occur, if it still does then let me know and I will have a look at it again.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (azureproviders@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email azureproviders@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Thanks & Regards
vinayak
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 9:41 AM

There is a physical limit in the Azure Table Storage of 1MB per row, and a limit of 64 Kb (Kilobytes) per string field.  

Source:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd179338.aspx